Back to all recipes
- Lightly oil grill and heat BBQ to medium.
- Whisk egg in a bowl and add next 6 ingredients.
- Add any of the “stir-ins” that appeal to you.
- Crumble in beef& using your hands or a fork, gently mix together.
- Handle the meat as little as possible – the more you work it, the tougher it gets.
- Gently shape (don’t firmly press) mixture into burgers about ¾ inch thick.
- Using your thumb, make a shallow depression in the centre of each burger to prevent puffing up during cooking.
- Place burgers on the grill, close lid and BBQ until NO LONGER PINK INSIDE, turning once, about 6 – 8 minutes per side.
- An instant read thermometer should read 160F.
- Don't abuse your burgers by pressing with a spatula, pricking with a fork or turning frequently as precious juices will be lost!
- Tuck into a warm crusty bun and add your favourite toppings.